Soft Tech Consulting is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill the role of Senior Data Engineer for development activities for an existing government client in Washington, DC. The selected individual will join a cutting-edge, collaborative team focused on designing and delivering a cloud-based big-data architecture for agency-wide reporting initiatives.
• Work with an Agile team to develop, test, and deploy a shared data pipeline supporting agency-wide reporting capabilities across structured and unstructured data
• Design and optimize AWS infrastructure to support data flows from legacy and new services
• Lead the design and development of shared libraries and services to support reporting requirements for external microservices
• Design and support shared Continuous Integration pipelines to verify reporting infrastructure, data source compliance, and reporting services
• Work with business experts to analyze existing data sources and identify future reporting requirements
• Help create custom dashboards, reports, or other data visualizations
• Possess a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Statistics, or any other related field and 10+ years of experience.
• Self-motivated and eager to learn software development best practices
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Hands-on experience with AWS data tools and services a plus.
• Experience working with Kafka streaming technology a plus.
• Experience with database optimization or ETL tools a plus.
• Experience with statistical packages is a plus (i.e. SPSSS, SAS, R, Matlab).
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned small business headquartered in Chantilly, VA. With contracts in both the public and private sectors in the DC metro area and across the country, Soft Tech is an organization made up of highly successful and talented Information Technology professionals offering enterprise class solutions for any size organization at great value. Soft Tech’s mission is to help government organizations design, implement, and maintain mission critical Information Technology solutions. By focusing jointly on our employees and our customers, we are able to achieve our mission by providing each and every one of our customers with continuous quality customer support. Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.